What planet do we want to leave for the future generations? To diminish the enviromental impacts is one of our biggest challenges. Our actions reflect directly in the enviroment, so the importance of acting today. BSBIOS has as a purpose, to participate on the sustainable development of the planet, through the Agribusiness and the Renewable Fuels, besides having the sustainability as one of its values, understanding the urgency and importance of the preservation of the planet, the Company announced on February 17th, during the Leaders Convention, event intended for directors, managers, coordinators, leaders and facilitators of the company, its Manifest of Sustainability.
The document establishes the ESG Estrategy (Enviromental, Social and Governance) of the company, named ’10 Cs’, which defines the commitment to create and share value for sutainability.
The creation of the Manifest is aligned to BSBIOS estrategic planning, which envisions to become carbon neutral until 2030, besides being amongst the three largest producers of biofuel in the world. The document was built with the participation of the stakeholders of the company and the advisory company Ideia Sustentável, advisory company ESG and Corporate Sustainability, formed by some of the best specialists of the country.
The CEO of BSBIOS, Erasmo Carlos Battitella, highlighted that the launch of the Manifesto is a milestone for the Company. “Today is a very special day, we are very happy to take this step further, it is a walk of a company that has in its essence the ESG culture, it is a work built together that with the passage of time is being improved more and more”.
Check out the BSBIOS Sustainability Manifesto and the ESG Strategy ’10 Cs’.
BSBIOS Sustainability Manifesto
Energy is moving force. It’s positive if it’s good for people and the planet, whether it’s renewable, affordable, inclusive, releases less carbon into our atmosphere and promotes life.
This is what we believe in BSBIOS, since our foundation in 2005, when we presented to the market biofuel made of renewable material.
This is our purpose, our cause!
Biofuel is born as a different business, an efficient solution to the climate change framework. Today, more than ever, it represents an urgent response to the global energy transition movement.
It’s fuel for the future, now!
Motive force of character, with values and purpose, its production benefits communities and the environment, reduces pollution in cities and makes mobility healthier.
Materials with conscious commitment, do not deforest, do not harm agricultural crops and do not impact the world’s food security. Circular power, in a world of linear economy, which uses raw materials discarded by other industries.
Source of value creation, it distributes positive results to all business stakeholders – for those who produce, for the regions where it is produced, for those who use it and for society as a whole.
Biofuel is Green Fuel with capital ‘C’. ‘C’ of Character, Commitment, Consiouness, Circularity and Creation of Value.
Not for another reason, we created an ESG Strategy called 10 Cs. These 10 Cs define our commitment to create and share value through three axes:
Chain of Value and Nature: valuing a RESPONSIBLE SUPPLY CHAIN AND BIODIVERSITY CONSERVATION, enhancing CIRCULARITY AND CLEANER PRODUCTION, strife for a FAIR AND CONSCIOUS TRADE and a neutral CARBON vision IN THE VALUE CHAIN;
Collaborators and Communities: implementing a CULTURE OF DEVELOPMENT, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION, of INTEGRAL HEALTH AND SAFETY CARE OF THOSE WHO ARE PART OF OUR BUSINESS, always responsible for the fulfillment of CITIZENSHIP in the surrounding communities;
Customers and Society: promoting COOPERATION AND INNOVATION FOR THE DECARBONIZATION OF THE PLANET, making CONNECTIONS FOR THE ENERGY TRANSITION AND always using a COMPLETE AND TRANSPARENT COMMUNICATION with all the public that are part of the business.
BSBIOS biofuel is energy-transformed into life. It’s nature converted into movement and prosperity.
Good for the weather.
Good for the world.
Good for generations to come.
It’s energy of the future, now!
ESG STRATEGY – 10 Cs
- CHAIN OF RESPONSIBLE SUPPLY AND THE PRESERVATION OF BIODIVERSITY
• Value and strengthen responsible and efficient management of water, waste, energy and air quality in the supply chain;
• Track the supply chain with an emphasis on human rights compliance and social and environmental compliance;
• Stimulate proper soil management, animal welfare and the preservation and restoration of biomass.
- CONSCIOUS AND FAIR TRADE
• Build and strengthen business relationships guided by ethical precepts and justice, seeking to share value with the entire business chain.
- CIRCULARITY AND CLEANER PRODUCTION
• Act with eco-efficiency in the company’s operations;
• Promote waste management in an appropriate manner, considering principles of circularity and the conversion of waste into supplies, to transform generators into suppliers of new sources of raw materials.
- CARBON NEUTRAL IN THE VALUE CHAIN
• Evaluate and monitor energy and emissions management reducing carbon in the company’s operations and in the business chain;
• Continuously evaluate the impacts of climate change on the business, investigating and acting in alternatives of mitigation, adaptation and recognition of opportunities in raw materials and products.
- CULTURE OF DEVELOPMENT, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
• Promote human and technical development of people, expanding skills for current and future challenges of the sector and business;
• Contribute to the maintenance of the physical, emotional and mental health of employees, offering them a diverse, balanced and reliable environment.
- COMPREHENSIVE CARE: HEALTH AND SAFETY
• Contribute to the improvement of the Human Development Index of the communities surrounding the company’s plants and operations, through social and environmental programs, organized with indicators and impact monitoring;
• Generate a creative, collaborative, inclusive and innovation environment, through attracting and retaining diverse talents.
- CITIZENSHIP AND COMMUNITIES
• Contribute to the improvement of the Human Development Index of the communities surrounding the company’s plants and operations, through social and environmental programs, organized with indicators and impact monitoring.
- COOPERATION & INNOVATION FOR DECARBONIZATION
• Raise awareness about the sustainable attributes of biofuels, especially their positive impact on climate change and country commitments;
• Adhere to customer decarbonization policies, contributing to them being creditors in the global carbon credit market and strengthening their reputation in climate performance;
• Develop research and create an ecosystem of open innovation focused on biotechnologies aimed on the generation of bioenergy, always in tune with the global challenges of energy transition.
- CONNECTIONS FOR ENERGY TRANSITION
• Practice advocacy, promoting adaptations, improvements and changes in industry regulations with governments and competent agencies, with the objective of valuing the direct contribution of biofuels to the decarbonization of the economy of Brazil and other countries.
- COMMUNICATION FULL AND TRANSPARENT
• Increase stakeholders’ perception of the long-term value of the business by engaging them through consistent institutional relationships and clear, targeted and transparent ESG communication actions.